It is hard to believe that five years ago today, I wrote and shared my first blog post. I would have quit long ago if it hadn’t been for the following people. A special thank you goes out to……
- As my friends and family know, I ponder things. I had been pondering writing a blog for years. My friend Joe said just write a blog already. Stop thinking and start doing. And I did. Thank you, Joe.
- My friend, Eric Hanson, is an amazing poet and I have used his poems in my blogs off and on over the years. Thank you for letting me share your beautiful creative work with others. Eric has also let me bounce ideas for blog posts off of him. Some are definitely a lot better than others. Thank you for listening, making suggestions and not letting me embarrass myself in the written word.
- To my family there are not enough words to express my gratitude for your assistance, patience, feedback and support. I know that having me in your lives can be a challenge. You help me to be the best artist and creative person I can be. I am truly grateful for you.
- To my friends, so often the conversations we have are the creative sparks for a blog post. You go hiking with me in all kinds of weather. Thank you for your emotional and creative support. You help me be a better writer, artist, creativity coach and teacher. I am grateful for all of you.
- This year I started teaching art classes at Flathead Valley Community College for the Continuing Education Program. I would like to thank Debbie and all of the helpful staff who work in that program. I couldn’t do it without all of you. Your support and assistance makes me look good!
- I would also like to send a special thank you to the students who participated in the Art Sampler, Beginning Acrylic Painting, Fine Art of Book Making and Mixed Media Collage Classes. You have inspired me with your stories, questions, and amazing creative work. You are all amazing creative people and I am excited to see where your creativity will take you.
- To my readers and blog friends who follow my blog as part of the WordPress community, I am grateful for your support. I am continually inspired by all of you and the creative work that you are doing. No matter where you are located on this planet or what your blog is about….. your creativity, bravery in sharing feelings and ideas, and support make me proud to be a part of the WordPress blogging community.
- Thank you to those that like my posts. I appreciate you taking the time to support my creative work. You motivate me to keep writing.
- Thank you to those that post comments and provide feedback. I enjoy hearing your thoughts about my work. I am so proud when something I have written inspires others. Your words mean the world to me.
I have been asked recently by a friend and previous student, what advice did I have for someone who wants to start writing a blog. I came up with the following five tips:
- Have an idea of what you would like your blog to be about. Mine is about creative living. But there are blogs about all kinds of things. There are blogs that focus on photography, poetry, movie reviews, travel, cooking tips and recipes. The sky is truly the limit.
- Give yourself goals. I try to write two Haiku poems a week and two or three other posts each month. I don’t always succeed at getting as much written as I would like, but the goals help me to keep focused.
- Don’t be hard on yourself if you don’t reach your goal or can’t write for awhile. Hey, life happens. In April, after my Grams (Grandmother) died, I could’t write for the rest of that month. It is okay to take a break from your blog if you need to.
- Follow other peoples blogs. Make comments (but do not be a troll). Like posts that you enjoy. The support and friendship you will build within the blogging community will surprise, delight and inspire you.
- The most important thing….. have fun!
Thank you so much for another amazing year of blogging! I am so happy to share this journey of creativity and exploration with you!